12 December, 2008

a catch phrase or two or three or well you get the point

Who would of thought that the 44th president of the United States would want to take away our .44s ?

and you can quote me on that

David Meister

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

"It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible."

George Washington

"Those who trade essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

Patrick Henry

There is so very much more that I could say but if you look to the God guided wisdom of our nations founding fathers I need say no more.

David Meister

4 comments:

IntelligentDecline said...

Your first Jefferson quote is false. I am unaware of any original source for your second.

David said...

I got the Thomas Jefferson quote from a site that I trust. From this point on I request that all commentors sign their full name
i will remove this quote for now however

David Meister

Sarah said...

Ooh, I love your quotes, even though I've heard most of them before, very often. It is amazing the prophecy held in these quotes - and sad how quickly the prophecies have been fulfilled in America. :(

Anonymous said...

David,
love your quotes.
you can find me on facebook, just search for aaron marks in portland oregon.